Mama's JERKS

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mrs. Christopher Bengtson



Your probably wondering when I'm going to post some of the delicious meals I've made for my family right?!!  HeHe!  Well, I have actually made a number of new recipes, but I keep forgetting to take pictures and I'm sorry but I hate reading blogposts with no pictures!  Maybe that's why I get along so well with preschoolers, I am a total visual person.

I do, however, have a thought that come to mind while searching some of my cookbooks for a good hamburger bun recipe.  So yes, if you have a good one please do share (and if it says to scald the milk you will need to tell me just how that is done).  I did try a recipe a couple weeks ago and it was very easy, the buns turned out very nice, but they were a bit yeasty and sweet for my taste.  Ok!  So back to my thought...what was my thought?  hmmm...O yes!  I noticed in one of my church cookbooks, all of the women were referred to as...Mrs. Husband's Name/Last name  ie...Mrs. Christopher Bengtson.   I remember as a child my mother, at times, would call herself by Mrs. my father's name, and she said it with such pride.   I loved hearing her say that, and I couldn't wait to be like my mom so I could be somebody's Mrs.  It makes me sad, and I wonder why things have to change.  Over the years I have heard women say..."Do not refer to me as Mrs., I am not owned by my husband!!"  I didn't think much of it, and just figured...to each her own right?   Well, as I learn more about God's plan for marriage, I realize how that it is this way of thinking that tears marriages apart.  Why not rather than think of it as being owned by someone,  think of it as; you are so blessed, there is a man who sees you as his favorite, who committed himself to care for you for the rest of your life.  I am so honored to have a husband, and I would like everyone to know that I AM Mrs. Christopher Bengtson!!!  He cares for me, and I care for him and that is another gift from our loving Father in Heaven.

Proverbs 18:22  He who finds a wife finds what is good, and receives favor from the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! We become 'one' when we are married. Some days I feel like that means we share about 'one' brain between us! But that's another story...

    Love,
    Mrs. Darian Horejsi
    ;)

    ReplyDelete