Mama's JERKS

Thursday, January 12, 2012

This too shall pass...

The Jerks aren't feeling so hot these days...well actually, they feel very hot.  104 degrees hot!!!  Baby Jerk has had it the worst.  He was admitted to the area hospital for an overnight observation on Tuesday, was doing much better when I brought him home yesterday, but today he looks like this...

and brown eyes...not so good either...haven't actually seen much of his brown eyes, as he is like this most of the time today :(


and then there is Crazy Jerk...he never misses a bug that crosses his path...


This is a nice picture to show you how nice my Jerks can treat one another.  Big Brother Jerk has
 (so far) managed to skim passed the yuck,
 but that doesn't stop him from snuggling with his little brother.

So it's been a rocky couple of months due to illness at our house.  At Christmas time, we all took turns with a miserable stomach bug.  The day after Christmas I had a tooth pulled, and that was a less than pleasurable experience.  I really thought I was kinda tough when it comes to physical pain, but this experience has proven me WRONG!  Mouth pain is so miserable!  The initial pain from the pulling of the tooth subsided after about a week and a half, but then it's neighbor decided to start mourning the loss of it's companion!  Really!  Who knew teeth were so sentimental?!!

So now I have a crazy story I just HAVE to share...I just told Papa Jerk, and I think he had tears in his eyes, so BEWARE!!  Kleenex may be necessary (or a least a sleeve)!
Anyway, this afternoon I layed down on the couch for a nap with the Sick Little Jerks.  While napping I had a dream...I was sitting at my kitchen table having tea with my mother.  We were having such a wonderful time, but it's as if my body knew it was only a dream because I kept saying someone pinch me!  Then I said, "I need to text Mama D and tell her my Mom is here having tea with me!"  I suddenly woke up from my dream, as I was trying to grab my phone from my pocket.  Imagine if I had text her in my sleep!  She would really wonder what a nut case she was friends with.  So, at that moment I became extremely disappointed.  I just wanted to go back to sleep, so I could see my mom again.  As I was sitting there, so forlorn, the dog started to bark at someone who pulled in the driveway.  Crazy Jerk says, "Mom, the flower delivery man is here."  I told him just to go to the door and see what he wanted (figured he was at the wrong house).  I could hear the man say he had a delivery for me.  Crazy carried in to me, this beautiful arrangement of yellow flowers.



Yellow flowers were my Mom's favorite!  Actually, anything yellow was my Mom's favorite! 
I opened the card attached which said, "Things will get better soon" ~ Sandy.
Sandy is my mother inlaw, but my mother's name was also Sandy.  My Mom was notorious for saying, "This too shall pass".  Do you see the similarity here?  Things will get better soon...This too shall pass...Sandy...Sandy...yellow flowers.  Tears flowed down my cheeks like streams after a hard rain.  I could not believe it!  It was as if my Mom was saying, "I know my physical body is not there, but there are so many people who love you and want to help you."  I cannot replace my mother, but God has given me a mother inlaw who truly understands the importance of holding on to the memories of our treasured loved ones.  God puts people in our lives to do these things because he loves us.  What an awesome gift! 


No comments:

Post a Comment