Mama's JERKS

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's try this again!

Long time no see!  Well, sorry about the delay, but it seems computers do not last forever and mine decided to die sometime during the middle of last February.  I was able to replace it this summer, but just didn't have the desire to start blogging again.  Well, today is January 1st and time for new resolutions, so here I am! 

Normally I'm not one for resolutions, but I actually have some this year!  Well, it's kind of one resolution with different aspects.  So, I find myself praying a lot for God's guidance in my life...to help me see what he wants me to do with my life.  Sound familiar?!!  Throughout the last year I've noticed that I AM where he wants me to be!  I AM doing what he wants me to do!  I do not need to look elsewhere, because his desire for me is to be home (with a bunch of JERKS).  To train the boys to be faithful men of God (Proverbs 22:6), and to be my husband's helper (Genesis 2:18).  This isn't terribly difficult for me, because I had an amazing mother who taught me how to be a Godly wife and mother. She always let us know that our dad came first, but that we were very important to her as well.  She sacrificed so much to be able to stay home and serve our family.  For some reason, however, I believed the lies of Satan that I was to be doing something greater.  Greater for who?  Greater for me...which is not great in the eyes of the Lord.  Colossians 3:17  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 

I've also struggled with the desire to be able to be creative, but not having a proper space to do the things I love.  So, when I asked God to show me a space I could use...he showed me the kitchen!  For those of you who know me, you know that I really do not care to cook.  Hamburger Helper and frozen pizza have always been staples in our home.  Suddenly, I have realized that I can really enjoy making food for my family.  God has shown me a new joy.  So, my resolution is to work harder on healthier yet frugal recipes.  Each week I plan to try something new, and plan several things I can make and freeze.  My reward will be...I get to blog it!!!  I do love photo journalism!  Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!  Blessed are they who take refuge in him!  Psalm 34:8

Happy New Year!   Do you have any resolutions for 2012?  Listen...maybe God has one for you too!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back in the blogging world! :) Glad you're getting into cooking... It will be fun to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, your back on track Moma JERK
    :-)

    ReplyDelete