Mama's JERKS

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Love Having Birthdays!!!

O hi!  It's my BIRTHDAY!!  Well, it was anyway.  It's almost over, but it has been FABULOUS!  I love having birthdays! Yes I'm getting older, but that's ok because I have so much to be thankful for. 
Grandpa and Mama JERK :)

My daddy came by today to visit, and brought a card that made me cry.  It wasn't because I didn't get what I wanted.  It could have been empty, and it would have been my favorite part of my day.
Do you wanna know what it said???  It said he misses the little girl that I was, but he wouldn't trade for the woman I have become.   I am so thankful for my Dad.  It's hard sometimes to think of the good in losing a loved one, but I truly believe that since my mom passed away, I have been able to get to know who my Dad really is.  Always a mama's girl, I'm afraid I didn't give him much of a chance while she was here. 

Today he told me the amazing story of  when I was born.  I've heard it before, but it was SO real today.  At 8:50 p.m. I came into the world, and my Mom could hardly believe she really had a baby girl. I have two older brothers, and my Mom really wanted a baby girl.  Joy turned to fear however, as Mom began to hemorrhage badly.  She was taken to surgery, where she was given a hysterectomy and a blood transfusion.  Due to the extreme loss of blood her veins collapsed, and Dad said the hospital actually ran out of blood to give her.  A highway patrol had to rush to bring a supply from another hospital.  They weren't sure it would arrive in time, so they were going to have Dad supply the blood she needed as he was a match.  Just as they were getting him prepped, the supply came in and they were able to save my Mom's life.  Dad told me he was thankful for this experience, because though terrifying at the time, he can look back and see how God used these things to help him grow stronger in his faith.

Once Mom was stabilized, Dad was able to go home and visit with my big brothers for a bit.  When he came back however,  he was devastated to see that there  was another baby girl in the nursery that was cuter than his!!!!  Thankfully, he took a second glance and realized it really was his baby girl!!  He was so relieved to know I really was the cutest one. 

With a birth story like that, it is with great joy that I celebrate each birthday!  I was able to be raised by both my Mom and Dad.  Sometimes I wish I could have been closer to Dad when I was younger.  In so many ways I've learned I have so many of his interests.  My dad is an amazing artist, he has drive to live and learn and experience!  We both have this free kind of nature about us, that I can't really explain.  It's like we just aren't in a hurry, because we know that there is something good to experience in every situation.  I think I see God's plan though.  I truly don't think I could appreciate him until now, and I am so grateful for each day I have to enjoy getting to know him.  I love my Daddy and I love my birthday because I have loving people like him to enjoy it with me.

Lord, I am overflowing with your blessings!!!  Psalm 119:65

No comments:

Post a Comment