Mama's JERKS

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Battle of the Sinuses :(

Today i feel like I should be on a Nyquil commercial. You know....The night-time sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so- you-can-rest medicine.  The only thing they forgot is, how do you get up at 3 a.m. with the night-time sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever baby Jerk, when your taking their medicine?  


I've always wanted a large family.  Many people would say four children IS a large family, but when I was a little girl I dreamed of a family with seven children.  After the night I've had, four children is great plenty.  Not only was I up for a few hours with a baby at 3 a.m., my 3 year old coughed a good majority of the night and my nephew (who spent the night) woke up puking at some point in the night.  He, being 14 in a couple days, was on his own.  I couldn't even bring myself to get up and see if he was ok.  This morning he looks fine, so I guess I made the right call.  


Perhaps the saddest part of all, I had to miss church.  I hate missing church!  It's like a fueling station, that gives me what I need to get through the week.  Thank goodness I live in a country, where I am free to worship my savior!  


Today I will try to remember, even though I don't feel well, tomorrow is another day.  I love my children, and tomorrow I may very well desire more than four.  Some days are hard, but the good days outweigh the bad.  I have recently been doing a study, by Joyce Meyer, called Battlefield of the Mind.  I highly recommend it, but be prepared to be convicted.  I have, on several occasions, realized the battlefield that Satan has set in my own mind.  I'm thankful for Joyce's obedience to Christ, and how she allows him to use her help others learn from her own life.  

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment