Mama's JERKS

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Like Mommy Used to Make

When I was a little girl, my mom used to make cherry cupcakes, with pink frosting and conversation hearts on them for my birthday.  Today was the first birthday I spent without a mom.  It's a weird feeling...the person who gave you life (on your birthday) isn't here to celebrate it with you.  I miss my mom a lot, she was a very thoughtful, loving mom.  However, God has blessed me with so many wonderful people throughout my life.  Today my Husband's Mom (sounds better than Mother In-law), told me she had something for me for my birthday.  So, I stopped by her house after my Bible Study, and this is what she had made me.
  Cupcakes...
 Just...like...
Mommy used to make.



2 comments:

  1. Carmen, I how difficult it is. I still have trouble and it's been almost 3 years since my mom passed. She was difficult at times,but was a very thoughtful person. Sandy,wanted to make your day as special as possible, she told Pam and I about making you the cupcakes, and the recipe book she put together for you. I hope you had a awsome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patty! I did have a great Birthday, and the cupcakes totally made my day! The recipe book is so much fun too. I can't wait to add some of my mom and grandma's recipes to it. I am so blessed to be part of your family! :)

    ReplyDelete